Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Dilemma

Everybody is starting to get geared up for PulpFest. Muriana Press has a new post up on it's EDitorial Blog about the convention with the latest news.

Actually, I have a dilemma. I am limited in the number of trips I can make this year. I really want to go to PulpFest, because it's going to be in a new venue and it will be my only chance to see my friends in the pulp world, but I also want to take another trip back east to New Jersey and New York to do research for the Daisy Bacon project. I cannot do both.

It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. I'm seeing that writing this book is the most important goal in my life right now. I've been very limited in time this year and the little spare time I have I try to dedicate to research - one of the reasons the blog has been so quiet lately.

I'll keep you all posted of news that I hear about the con, and direct you to reports that circulate about the con before, during, and after.

Now I have a question to ask: as I find out new things about Daisy and her life, how many of you are interested in reading about these on this blog?

Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Always interested in the life and times of a pulpster.

Walker Martin said...

I agree that the most important thing is the Daisy Bacon project. She has been unjustly forgotten and we need a book about her life and achievements. This is important original research that you are involved in and I hope you can keep us informed.

Barry Traylor said...

We shall miss you at PulpFest, but I am very interested to read what you turn up about Daisy Bacon because as Walker has stated she has been unjustly forgotten.

Cap'n Bob said...

Count me in. She sounds like a remarkable and accomplished woman.

Oscar said...

You have to do what you have to do. Wouldn't mind reading about Daisy Bacon.

Alfred Jan said...

Add my name to those interested in your research on Daisy Bacon. When you are done, perhaps you can do articles on Frances Bragg Middleton, Mary Dale Buckner (writing as Donald Dale) and Mindret Lord, the few women (I think Mindret is female.)who wrote for the weird menace pulps.

Jim Olson said...

Very informational!
For something different, check out http://cowboymotivation.blogspot.com
Cowboy philosophy, wit, wisdom, inspiration and motivation!
http://cowboymotivation.blogspot.com

Jim Olson said...

Good stuff! Keep up the good work promoting Westerns.
Please take time to check out www.mycowboyheroes.com - a blog about Westerners who have an interesting story to tell.
And www.cowboymotivation.blogspot.com - a blog about cowboy wit, wisdom, inspiration, philosophy and motivation!
Thank you,
Jim Olson
www.jimolsonauthor.com