Tuesday, May 8, 2012

So What's Up, Chloe?

Well, it's come to this. I'm posting pictures of my cat for lack of anything else to write about.

But some of you know the trials I went through with Chloe last year when I adopted her. The shelter said that they thought she had a bladder infection. I took her home and she promptly got a respiratory infection, refused to eat for 5 days. Then we found out she had a stone in her bladder, not an infection, and then all the stress caused her to have a herpes virus manifest itself in her eye, resulting in a hole in her cornea. All this in the first 2 months.

But she's doing great now. She has turned into the most loving cat; her usual practice is to lay next to me on the couch with her face a 1/2 inch away from mine and sometimes we'll touch noses. Other times she'll just plop right next to my neck and face so I'm basically wearing a cat for a scarf.


She has her moments. She opens up the crazy can, usually once a day, and tears around the house like a ghost is after her. She'll try to climb up the blinds. She has a unnerving habit of yowling at random times of the day and night, even though as far as I know there's nothing wrong with her (but I'm taking her to the vet later this week). Some people say it may be because she might be losing her hearing. She doesn't come to me when I call her and sometimes she doesn't even turn her head, so maybe she is going deaf.

Or maybe she's just being a cat.





Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Bill Crider said...

You can never have too many cat pictures, and it's really great that things have turned out so well for Chloe.

Walker Martin said...

I like the image of you wearing a cat for a scarf. Don't go out in public however, people will criticize you for wearing fur.

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks, Bill! Careful - you don't want to encourage me to post more cat photos. Because I will.

Walker, it's pretty funny, except when I can't breathe.

Deka Black said...

A scarf cat! Rare species indeed ;)

In the other hand,i really hope she's not losing hearing. My best wishes to her.

Barry Traylor said...

Our cat Cleo is getting up in years but that does not seem to deter her from acting loopy from time to time. There are times when she uses the litter box and then runs through the house as if demons are chasing her. Lately she has attached herself like glue to my wife, this has occured since Lynn's surgery and rehab.
The Cat Scarf. I know it well as my son found a lost Maine Coon cat and brought him home one night. That cat which my son named Central had that habit which was pleasing in January, not so much in August.

Cap'n Bob said...

Chloe looks fine.