Monday, March 19, 2012

William Boyd's Hollywood Home Up For Sale

According to LA Curbed, this house located at 2030 Vine St in Hollywood used to be owned by William Boyd of Hopalong Cassidy fame. It is now for sale. The place has a courtyard entryway, two-story living room "with Spanish galleon motif," and gardens "that were once the home of an unofficial Hollywood Canteen during the war." The house was built in 1918 and has "four to six" bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, and a two-bedroom guesthouse. Asking price is $1.399 million.

Photos courtesy of Redfin - go here to their site to get more information on the house; there are plenty more photos there too.

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Walker Martin said...

I grew up watching Hopalong Cassidy and would love to have this house. The size is probably big enough for my pulp and book collection to fit. But I could never move the collection all the way across the country from NJ to California. Eventually book collections can get so big that you cannot really move them, at least not when you get older.

Laurie Powers said...

Too bad - I would love to have you for a neighbor!

Cap'n Bob said...

Nice place. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the $1.3 million.

Barry Traylor said...

Lovely house. A little outside my budget though.

Ed Hulse said...

Somewhere I have a picture of Bill and Grace standing outside that front door.