Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rest in Peace, Howard

A lof of you who read this blog are in the same circles as I am, so you probably already know of this terrible news. I learned a few hours ago that Howard Hopkins has passed away. Howard had just turned 50 and apparently died of heart failure.

I loved reading Howard's Westerns. Anyone who loves modern day Westerns, pulp fiction, horror has probably read a Howard Hopkins book.

It's going to take a while to get over this one. Rest in peace, Howard.



Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Barry Traylor said...

Sad news.

Evan Lewis said...

A nice guy and a fine writer. He'll be missed.

Courtney Joyner said...

This really is a sad, sad loss; Howard was so nice to me, even though we never met in person. He was incredibly supportive of my breaking into fiction and lent a hand any way that he could. Rest in peace, indeed, to a fine writer and a truly generous spirit.

Deka Black said...

Sad news. my deepest condolences to his loved ones.

Matthew P. Mayo said...

Yes, this is rough news. I am so grateful to Howard for so much encouragement and help with writing. I'll miss him very much.

Charles Gramlich said...

I did not know him but I am sorry to hear of this.