What I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving:
1. A job that kept a roof over my head this year.
2. Friends that supported me this year through some tough losses and nagging health issues.
3. My family that continues to support me and this crazy pulp fiction hobby I have.
4. My grandfather's talent and his inability to throw anything away, including unpublished manuscripts.
5. New friends on the east coast who have helped me jump with both feet into a pretty exciting new project and opened up their homes to me, even though I was practically a complete stranger. Elaine, Nikki, Bill and Nora - I'm talking about you.
6. A 75 pound dog who is always at the front door, without fail, every time I come home and who wiggles with happiness to see me, even if I've only been gone for 20 minutes.
7. A cat that hung in there and didn't die, even though she had several opportunities to do so earlier this year. She is now a beautiful creature and grows more affectionate every day. She has helped me get over the pain of losing Xena (although that grieving process is nowhere near finished).
8. I am grateful for those in uniform who continue to put their lives on the line for us every day. I wish them all a happy and peaceful Thanksgiving.
9. I am grateful for the many groups out there who are tireless in their battle to fight animal abuse, child abuse, poverty, domestic violence, injustice - in other words, the people who work tirelessly to make the world a better place.
10. That, even though it's been a very tough year, almost all of my friends are still hanging in there. That includes all of you who continue to check in here - I'm grateful that you're still around, even though I've been AWOL a good portion of the year because of the job and other issues.
Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day with your loved ones.