Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Thanksgiving List

What I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving:

1. A job that kept a roof over my head this year.

2. Friends that supported me this year through some tough losses and nagging health issues.

3. My family that continues to support me and this crazy pulp fiction hobby I have.

4. My grandfather's talent and his inability to throw anything away, including unpublished manuscripts.

5. New friends on the east coast who have helped me jump with both feet into a pretty exciting new project and opened up their homes to me, even though I was practically a complete stranger. Elaine, Nikki, Bill and Nora - I'm talking about you.

6. A 75 pound dog who is always at the front door, without fail, every time I come home and who wiggles with happiness to see me, even if I've only been gone for 20 minutes.

7. A cat that hung in there and didn't die, even though she had several opportunities to do so earlier this year. She is now a beautiful creature and grows more affectionate every day. She has helped me get over the pain of losing Xena (although that grieving process is nowhere near finished).

8. I am grateful for those in uniform who continue to put their lives on the line for us every day. I wish them all a happy and peaceful Thanksgiving.

9. I am grateful for the many groups out there who are tireless in their battle to fight animal abuse, child abuse, poverty, domestic violence, injustice - in other words, the people who work tirelessly to make the world a better place.

10. That, even though it's been a very tough year, almost all of my friends are still hanging in there. That includes all of you who continue to check in here - I'm grateful that you're still around, even though I've been AWOL a good portion of the year because of the job and other issues.

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day with your loved ones.

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

Nice sentiments, Laurie. I'm grateful that you're here with a great blog, wonderful personality, and important projects. I hope you have a fine dinner, with or without a bird.

Deka Black said...

happy tahanksgiving! And me.. too many things.But i can say i'm grateful for my wonderful girlfriend ^^

Barry Traylor said...

Happy Thanksgiving Laurie! I guess my list is a bit shorter.
Thankful that my wife's son came back from Iraq in good health.

Thankful for my Grandkids.

Thankful my wife puts up with me.

Thankful for the pulp fans around the country that are good friends.

And last but hardly least thankful that my yearly physical went well and everything works the way it should. (also for Dr. Perlis, this lady should be cloned-she is far and away the best Doc I have ever had).

Walker Martin said...

Happy Thanksgiving Laurie. By the way, I read today that dogs should not be fed turkey. The article said they can't handle the fat. Also forget onions which can make dogs sick.

Charles Gramlich said...

Happy thanksgiving for sure. I had a good year in many ways as well.

Oscar said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Very nice list.

Richard R. said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Laurie! Hope the three of you have a wonderful day, weekend, season. I'm thankful for you and this wonderful blog.