Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Upcoming Trip

I'm going to the east coast on Saturday and will be gone for a week. It's going to be a very busy and interesting trip and I'll be meeting new people as well as reuniting with old friends. I'll be going to my alma mater Smith College one day and meeting with professor Dan Horowitz, who was my advisor while I was working on the initial honors thesis that turned into PULP WRITER. And I'll also be meeting with the president of the college, who sent me a nice note after RIDING THE PULP TRAIL was published. I'll be giving her signed copies of both PULP WRITER and RIDING THE PULP TRAIL.

I'm also going to be meeting up with Nicky Wheeler-Nicholson, who was one of the panelists at PulpFest and the granddaughter of pulp writer Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson. Together we are going to be driving to Syracuse University so I can do some research in the Street & Smith archives there on a project yet to be announced. With Nicky there with me, it should be a LOT of fun - I hope we don't get kicked out of the place.

I'll be posting when I can up to when I depart and during the trip.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Deka Black said...

Wow... those archives.. :D

Have a safe trip Laurie! ;)

Walker Martin said...

When you visit Syracuse University, try to contact Gary Shaheen who works for the University and co-curated the recent pulp magazine and paintings exhibit. He's a pulp collector and may be able to help you find research items, etc. I've talked with him at the Bordentown, NJ pulp show and he is very enthusiastic concerning the pulps.

Barry Traylor said...

Have a safe trip. Maybe you'll get to see some Autumn colors. Just checked the weather forecast for that area, make sure to take a raincoat or an umbrella.

Richard R. said...

sounds fantastic! have a great time.

Cap'n Bob said...

Bon Voyage. Can't wait to hear about the new project.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Have a great trip. My grandfather went to Syracuse University but I haven't been there.