Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pulps A-Z: The Letter "I"

This truly was a hard one. There seemed to be a few with the word "Intimate," usually paired up with something like "Love" or "Confessions." Of course there had to be a few detective pulps that are shown below. I was hoping that I would find a title like INTIMATE DETECTIVE, but no such luck.


I CONFESS, Feb 25, 1927

ILLUSTRATED DETECTIVE, December 1931

INTERNATIONAL DETECTIVE July 1933

INTIMATE CONFESSIONS, September 1937

INDIAN STORIES, Summer 1950



Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Walker Martin said...

The interesting title here is INDIAN STORIES, which was a failure. For some reason readers did not like stories about indians and for the most part the pulps avoided the subject. The west was a big subject for the magazines but writers were not encouraged to write about indians.

Deka Black said...

Too bad :( Btw. International detective... is Charlie Chan the one in the cover?

Barry Traylor said...

Intimate Confessions sure looks sleazy. Right now I am trying to think of the letter J and I am coming up blank.

Barry Traylor said...

I notice that the International Detective has a Murray Leinster story in it. Real name was Will F. Jenkins and he was one of my earliest favorite SF writers.

Richard R. said...

Pretty interesting. I've never seen any of these, but then I've not seen many pulps except those in pictures from cons and here. I might have guessed there was a Intrepid __ title.

As for J, perhaps there was something with a Journey title, or Judge? It will be interesting to see what you come up with, Laurie. Oh, and what was the title of that Leinster story? He was an early favorite of mine, too.

Cap'n Bob said...

Love the Indian cover, and those titles are great. Massacre Mesa indeed.