Saturday, October 1, 2011

Off to the Huntington

My mother and sister are here this weekend and we're going to the Huntington, one of my favorite places in southern California. Books, gardens, art, and a great tea room - what's not to like?

The tea room is amazing. It's rather pricey now - $27.99 a person - but it's an all you can eat buffet of an amazing array of sandwiches, salads, pastries, deserts, even caviar.

Here's the history of the Huntington.

And here are some photos I took a few years ago. I hope to take some more today.






Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Ron Scheer said...

Great place to spend as many hours as a person can spare. The open-air music series in the evenings is hard to beat, too. Enjoy.

Deka Black said...

Just wonderful. Now i have a place to visit if i go someday to california

Barry Traylor said...

Looks like a nice place. You threw me for a loop when I saw the name though as my neighbor and his wife have a cabin in Huntington. The one in Pennsylvania that is. About a two hour drive north of here. Nice place.