Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm Turning to a Life of Crime

I'm sure some of you have already heard this, but I can't help myself. I'm so excited that my story MOVING DAY, which appeared Friday over at A Twist of Noir, has won an award. The Bullet Awards, which honors crime fiction on the web, gave MOVING DAY a third place in the best crime fiction on the web for the month of September. Woot!

Winning something like this is dangerous - it may persuade me to try more crime fiction. Lord knows I like writing it, for better or for worse.

Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

Paul D. Brazill said...

Well you should!

Joanne Walpole said...

Congratulations! :-)

Oscar said...

Congrats on the award!

Deka Black said...

You should! I love sword & sorcery and when i tried to do other stuff... is always by my side a feeling of "i must return to swords as soon as possible".

pattinase (abbott) said...

Great news!

Ron Scheer said...

Well done. Now you're a crime writer with a record.

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks everybody! And extra thanks to Paul Brazill, who started me on this life of crime with my first story L.A. Riot. There oughta be a law.

courtney joyner said...

Laurie, this is great! It's another arrow in your quiver - or should I say another .45 slug in your gak? Congratulations! Much deserved.

Barry Traylor said...

Egad! Next you'll be collecting pulps like Gun Mo;;s. Seriously though many congratulations and you should go for it.

Barry Traylor said...

Gun Mo;;ls? Boy, I really should look at what I type. Gun Molls of course.

Charles Gramlich said...

That's very cool. Congrats!