Sunday, July 24, 2011

Paul Powers' Legacy Featured in Great Article Today

I try to spread the word about pulp fiction and it's fascinating history whenever I can, so I was very pleased this morning when I opened up The Signal, the local Santa Clarita Valley's newspaper, and found a great article on yours truly and my grandfather's career as a pulp fiction writer. I think the article is fantastic - thanks so much to Michelle Sathe who wrote it! I knew Michelle would do a great job because she's a terrific writer. And Dan Watson took some great photos too, so go check it out. Annie and Chloe even got their 15 minutes of fame! The only thing I found that should be pointed out as an inaccuracy is the price mentioned after RIDING THE PULP TRAIL: it should be $24.95, not $19.95.

Later today I'm going to be posting information about the three new publications that Muriana Publications (that published the BLOOD 'N' THUNDER magazine) has just released, one of which is a reprint of SAVAGES, Gordon Ray Young's serial set in the South Seas that is one of the greatest tales of South Seas adventure ever to appear in the pulps.


Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Walker Martin said...

This is a great piece on you Laurie. And I like the way the article ends by saying that pulp fiction gets a bad rap because there were alot of good stories in the magazines. I've certainly found this to be true and that's why I've been collecting them for over 50 years.

Deka Black said...

Indeed. Pulp have everything for everybody. or almost ;)

Steve M said...

Enjoyed reading that Laurie. It filled in a few answers to questions I wanted to ask when we met, but never got around to.

Richard R. said...

Exciting! My copy is on the way. When are you leaving for PulpFest?

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks everybody! And thanks for the purchase of RTPT, Rick. I leave on the red-eye Wednesday night for PulpFest.

Richard R. said...

Have a GREAT time!!

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Enjoyed that - a great piece.