Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Countdown!

RIDING THE PULP TRAIL, the new collection of my grandfather's Western stories, will be available on Amazon very shortly! Like maybe today! Or tomorrow!

Matt Moring at Altus Press has done SUCH an amazing job with this book. Some of it won't be noticed until you BUY it and see inside. The chapter separators, the font, the way he used this photo of my grandfather, everything, is just gorgeous and seems to be exactly what a collection of vintage Western stories should look like. I want to thank Matt again for all his hard work on this.

I'll be taking copies with me to PulpFest too, so if you're coming you can pick up a SIGNED copy (signed by me, not my grandfather...if you can get his signature on it, let me know how you did it).

I often wonder what my grandfather would think of me publishing these stories now. I hope he'd be pleased. And probably mildly aggravated at how long it took for me to find them (about 5 years after the box of manuscripts was given to me). Oh well. Better late than never, Grandpa!

Speaking of Altus Press, if you haven't done so already, go over to their Web site - it's been redone and looks FANTASTIC. I love how Matt has presented the copies of available books right on the home page.





Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Rick said...

I think he would be proud of you and the book you have produced. If my granddaughter did such a thing I would be button popping proud.

Deka Black said...

You make available to read his stories. That was the goal of a storie: To be read. He would be proud, i'm sure.

Richard R. said...

Not even listed there yet... waiting...waiting...

Laurie Powers said...

Matt says that it takes a few days once he flips the switch on the Amazon site. Thanks for being patient.

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. Let us know.

mnl said...

looking forward to this collection. I have lately been reading a lot of Wild West Weekly and the presence of a Ward Stevens story is always welcome.