Saturday, May 7, 2011

Writer's Block Hamburger Heaven

I haven't done a Hamburger Heaven post in a very long while. And as I'm suffering from a protracted case of writer's block, I started to look at other web sites and blogs today that are focused on that and other writing topics. Seems that quite a few people suffer from writer's block this Saturday afternoon. Coincidence?

I'd like to introduce all of you to two very good blogs that just happen to belong to two good friends of mine from school. Both friends are writers and write highly entertaining blogs. Melissa Maday is a writer who is also an English professor, and Kimberly Marlowe-Hartnett is a writer, book reviewer and former daily newspaper journalist. Her blog, Type Like the Wind, is a wonderful collection of book reviews, current events, and opinions about anything Kimberly feels strongly about.

Richard Prosch's blog, Meridian Bridge, has some sage words today on how to keep writing. I love the profound advice: "Dare to suck." Meridian Bridge, by the way, has been resurrected with a great new design.

Sandra Seaman's blog My Little Corner talks today about trying to find story ideas from the oddest places. Like a toilet on the side of the road.

And finally, Christopher Fowler's blog has a very catchy video today about Writer's Block. Somehow this video captured exactly how I feel today. Well done.

Thanks to all of the above writers for your posts today.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Ron Scheer said...

You remind me that I've wanted to study this topic to see what scientific research has been done. Let me get back to you on that...And, yes, it's good to see Richard Prosch back online. One of his current stories, "Season of Ice" is a humdinger.

Deka Black said...

:D I was missing your hamburguers. I'm hungry ;)

Barry Traylor said...

I have always been a bit in awe of the writing process. There must be something a bit terrifying about staring at a blank sheet of paper in the typewriter. Or I should say staring at a blank computer screen. Amazing what many of the successful pulp writers could churn out on a daily basis. Writers like Hugh B. Cave, Walter Gibson and Arthur J. Burks.

Richard Prosch said...

Thank you for the nice comment. I finally got my RSS reader set up again and am catching up. I've been to My Little Corner before but forgot to bookmark it. Thanks for the link!