Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chloe - What a Difference a Week Makes

Things are crazy at work this week - our busy time of the year - so I have to keep this short tonight. But I wanted to share some photos of Chloe. Most of you know the ordeal we've been through with her illnesses, the last of which was probably the scariest, which was the ulcer on her cornea that threatened to rupture her eye. Poor thing - this photo was taken about ten days ago while we were still in the 4 different eye drops, 4 times a day regimen. You can see the stain on her face from all the medicine. We were all exhausted and stressed out. But Annie was such a good nurse, as you can see.



But what a difference a week makes. It all seems to be paying off. The doctors were very pleased with her progress last Friday, and as you can see from the following photos I took this morning, her eye is healing beautifully. Sorry for the overexposure, but it was early morning - the only spare minutes I had today.




Chloe certainly acts like she's feeling better too, if racing around the house at all hours is any indication.

It's so nice to have a happy kitty in the house.



Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

Deka Black said...

Aw, is great to see her in good shape ^^

Barry Traylor said...

It always amazes me how some dogs and cats get along so well. Our cat Cleo HATES my neighbor's dog Benson and goes ballistic if he shows up at our door to the deck.
Great indeed to see a positve outcome with Chloe.

Bill Crider said...

Really glad to hear this and to see the photos.

Charles Gramlich said...

So glad she is healing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update; I had been wondering Chloe was doing, and I'm glad the news is good. As I wrote earlier, our cat dealt with this same problem. In our case, the problem reoccurred several times, but we managed to cope with it. I hope it turns into a one-time deal with you and Chloe, but you will want to keep an eye on her, just in case.

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks everyone. Anon, yes I remember your story and I'm glad you shared it. We have her on L-Lysine now which boosts immune systems and hopefully will keep the herpes virus from doing this again.

Melissa Marsh said...

Love the photos...what a sweetheart! So glad she is doing better. (And that is all due to her very loving owner!) :-)

Cap'n Bob said...

I love happy endings and cats. Good for you and Chloe.

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks Melissa. I think that when Chloe and I met at the shelter, she looked at me and said, "ah, she's an easy mark. I'm going home with her."

Thanks, Bob. I've been waiting for this happy ending and for a while I thought it would never come. Hopefully she'll stay well for a while.

Richard R. said...

what wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!