Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Two-Bit Kill in the Law of the Gun.

Just got back from a great afternoon at OutWest, where C. Courtney Joyner talked to our group about the state of Western fiction publishing right now. I'm going to gather my notes together and put together a more coherent post tomorrow.

One of the things I learned is that Court's short story, "The Two-Bit Kill" is in the Pinnacle anthology LAW OF THE GUN, that is now out in mass market paperback.

LAW OF THE GUN can also boast a Spur Award finalist. "Gunfighter's Lament," by Ellen Recknor, was announced as a Best Western Short Story finalist today. If you want to see the rest of the Spur Award finalists and the winners, go here.

I'll be digging into this collection as soon as I clear the dinner dishes.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Ron Scheer said...

I'd appreciate your sharing what you learned from Joyner. I wanted to be there but had to go out to the desert this weekend.

Charles Gramlich said...

This looks like a really good collection.

Evan Lewis said...

Congrats to Courtney. He's in fine company.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I was happy to see Richard Wheeler won another Spur.