Friday, March 18, 2011

Road Trip to Regroup

I'm off to Arizona again tomorrow morning. You might remember I went last month to see my great-uncle George (my grandfather's half-brother) and his family, as well as my late great-aunt's daughters Carole and Claudia. Well, George was sick that weekend and being that he is 91, his kids thought it best if he didn't have any company that weekend. I went anyway, but changed plans slightly and stayed the entire weekend with cousins Carole and Claudia. We had a blast. But now I'm going back to see George.

I'm driving this time. It's kind of a crazy schedule: I'm driving to Phoenix tomorrow morning, then going to a Dodger game at their spring training camp at Camelback Ranch, meeting my friend Kristin there for the game. After the game I'll be visiting George for dinner. Sunday I drive back home. I think after all the stress this week and all the driving I'll be doing over the weekend, I'll be good and tired by the time I get home.

But I love driving, and I LOVE driving through Arizona. I'm looking at the drive this weekend as an opportunity to regroup after this week and also an opportunity to get some good photos. So look for lots of photos of baseball and cactus next week.

Annie will be spending the weekend at my best friend Kris' - they have a dog Jesse who Annie has met and gets along with. Normally I'd have a pet sitter come to the house a few times during the day and then stay overnight, but there's no way I'd leave Annie alone this weekend - even for a couple of hours.

To celebrate my drive, here are some pulp covers that are Arizona-ish in theme.







Everybody have a good safe weekend.


Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

PAUL BISHOP said...

Great covers . . . have a smooth and introspective trip.

Ron Scheer said...

Wave when you go past Desert Hot Springs...

Deka Black said...

Why suddenly i want to eat beans?

Cap'n Bob said...

If you love to drive in Arizona I can only assume you've never taken I-10 from Phoenix to Tucson. But have a safe and fun trip.

Laurie Powers said...

thanks, all. Ron, I don't Desert Hot Springs is on my route, is it???

Bob, I have driven that route and I agree it's a killer. No, I'll only be going as far as Phoenix.

David Cranmer said...

Safe travels.

Oscar said...

Nice covers. Be extra alert while driving.