Friday, January 21, 2011

Photo Finish Friday: Vasquez Rocks

Vasquez Rocks. Taken April 24, 2010.

Class #3 of Newhallywood on Location, occurring tomorrow from 1-4, will consist of a field trip to famous movie locations such as Vasquez Rocks, Beale's Cut, and Halfway House Cafe. Go to the Santa Clarita Historical Society main page for more information.

Photo Finish Friday is a series hosted by Leah J. Utas. Other participants are The Londonholic, Buddies in the Saddle, and Stumbling the Walk.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Deka Black said...

Being a mountain/green person, seeing a place so arid makes me feel strange. Bur seems a nice place to visit.

Ed Hulse said...

I've been to Vasquez Rocks many times. It's a great location and offers myriad opportunities for photographers. I recently saw a '50s "B" Western shot entirely in the park there -- not a single interior shot in the whole movie. But careful camera placement enabled the director to get a slew of picturesque rock formations and make it seem as though the characters were traversing a much larger area.

Cap'n Bob said...

Is this the one Little Joe had to climb despite his acrophobia?

Evan Lewis said...

Dang. That would be a fun class.

I.J. Parnham said...

I'd love to be on that class too and pretend to be Kirk taking on the Gorn etc.

Laurie Powers said...

Well, I hate to disappoint you all but I didn't go today with the group. Didn't feel well this morning. I hope to go to the last class which is next Saturday - we will be going to Iverson Ranch in Chatsworth.