Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas in London - a Collection of Videos

For those of you are there who are Londonholics like me and aren't lucky enough to be there right now, here are some videos I picked up on You Tube. They are all short - the longest is just over 3 minutes. Enjoy!

Here's Rick Steves' European Christmas segment on London.

For those of you who want something a little less staged, here are a couple that show the bustling streets the nights before Christmas.

Here's a wonderful short video, "London Christmas Lights 2009"

In this next one, the video's a bit shaky at first but it gets better. It's very nice - Oxford Street Christmas. Plus it has one of my favorite Christmas songs, Chris Rea's "Driving Home for Christmas."

And this one has to be my favorite, from 2007: "Christmas Time in London." It's basically a couple's trip to London as tourists, with a mix of stills and video and accompanied by "All I Want For Christmas."

And finally, a tip on a blog I hit on a daily basis: London Daily Photo. The operator of this blog has a great eye and it's amazing what she can do with a simple camera. Scroll down - over the last week or so, she has a "Snow in London" theme.

That's it for now - later today I'll post my personal Christmas card, and then that'll be it until Sunday. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Richard R. said...

cool videos. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and thanks so much for you blog. Though I don't comment as often as I might, I do read and enjoy it most every day. Hope you are warm and dry today and tomorrow and every day throughout the new year!

Ron Scheer said...

Loved the vids. Having spent a couple Christmases in England, I appreciated the memories. Mince pies, yeah.