Friday, October 29, 2010

This Halloween: Keep an Eye Out for Marauding WEIRD TALES Thieves

As the WEIRD TALES week winds down, I want to thank everyone who contributed, especially Barry Traylor and Walker Martin. The last post will be tomorrow when we'll be posting AN EMBRACE AT BELL CHAPEL, my grandfather's never-before-published short horror story. I'm proofing it right now and will be posting it when I'm done. Has anyone transferred a pdf document of a 50 year-old manuscript into a Microsoft Word document? That's a horror story in and of itself.

BUT in the meantime, keep reading those WEIRD TALES and if you are lucky enough to have some originals of this great magazine, hang on to them. Don't let them out of your sight. You can always hire someone to guard them like Barry does, as seen in this photo: The perfect Guardian of the WEIRD TALES.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

shonokin said...

That's amazing news about your father's never before printed story. That is super special! Can't wait!

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Happy Halloween, Laurie. Don't eat any unwrapped candy.

Walker Martin said...

I just noticed the new post at www.goldenagecomicbookstories.blogspot.com has about one-third of the WEIRD TALES covers up for viewing. Leading off is a WEIRD TALES CLUB membership card and letter. I used to own these items and I've never seen another for sale. Very rare.

Deka Black said...

Perfect indeed!

Richard R. said...

Wow, those are really substantial bookcases!

Charles Gramlich said...

As they say, never call up any that you can't put down.

Ed Hulse said...

I'd risk tangling with the mummy to get at that WEIRD TALES set. Actually, I'd settle for moving it aside a little, just to see what other pulps Barry has in those bookcases.