Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Special Treat in Store for Halloween!

As a grand finale to our WEIRD TALES week, to celebrate Halloween, and to celebrate the upcoming release of a new Paul Powers short story collection, on Saturday I will be posting a short horror story that my grandfather wrote that has never seen the light of day - until now. Yep, it's a brand new story and it will be making its debut here Saturday. Called "An Embrace at Bell Chapel," it's a fast-paced spooky ride, and very much something that would have fit into WEIRD TALES. "An Embrace at Bell Chapel," was written in the early 1950s and will be going into the second collection of Paul Powers stories that will be released next year.

As an added bonus, I'll be including a link to the pdf of the actual manuscript, so if you want, you can read it as it came out of his typewriter, typos and line outs included.

Pretty cool, huh? I love this story and I think you all will too.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Let me be the first on the blog to say thanks you and I'm looking forward to the story. Love the new picture, too.

Lisamariesmom said...

Can't wait!

p.s. Go Giants!! :))))

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks, Bob. Check is in the mail. :)

Linda, you have no idea how sad that makes me.

Deka Black said...

Thanks! Ah, typos... Is a fun thing when you make a pun without want it.

About the story.. i'm lookingforward to it!

Barry Traylor said...

Looking forward to this speicial Halloween treat from your grandfather and you.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

OK I'm excited.