Monday, September 27, 2010

An Update for Hamburger Heaven

It's gotten to the point that I cannot keep up with all the pulp-related blogs out there. This is a good thing. Pulp Revival is here.

Will Murray is interviewed at length over at All Pulp today. It's a good one, especially for us who came onto the pulp scene late in the game and really don't know the whole story behind the mysterious Mr. Murray.

Update on Xena: She had her follow up with the vet this morning. The bad news is that the tumor has grown. The good news is that it is now growing in a direction that does not interfere with her "bodily functions." Meaning she can still, at least for the time being, continue to be the champion pooper that she is. We don't know what will happen in the future, but for now things are good for Xena, and she can continue to do what she does best: chase squirrels, cats, and rabbits and destroy my garden in the process. And pretend-fight with Annie like in the pictures below.

Because it's been such a rough month with the kitty disappearing, good news about at least one of my animals is something I really needed to hear. When the vet told me this news this morning, I burst into tears, out of exhaustion more than anything. The vet, confused, said "but this is good news," and I said, "I know, but you don't understand..." But I think she does.





Thanks for all your good thoughts.



Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

Barry Traylor said...

Really happy that Xena is doing ok and the quality of her life has not gone down.
She sure looks mean in the photo just before the bottom one.

Deka Black said...

I'm with Barry. having lost my dog due to a tumor, i know very well how van one feel in moments like this. Give a big petting to Xena from me ;)

And... i can't keep either with all the blogs pulp-related. Mainly due to a job i started just today monday (after too much time without job).

But, as i said, givemy good feelings to Xena. . If she can destroy your garden, is in good health! (as all good dogs do if they can) ;)

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

She's a doll. They both are. I hope they have a lot of healthy years ahead of them.

Melissa Marsh said...

Beautiful dogs! I so miss mine...it's been two years now and I think about him almost every day.

Bill Crider said...

Great photos and great news!

Ron Scheer said...

Your dogs are so beautiful, and they look so happy. You don't have to explain the crying-at-the-vet response. Been there, done that, for sure.

Can't keep up with everything in Pulp Land either. Being pulp-adjacent as I am over at BITS, I need a bigger map to even show up. Ha.

Charles Gramlich said...

Really good news about Xena. I'm so happy for you all.

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks everybody. I'm glad you all can relate to the not-keeping-up-with-the-blogs dilemma. And Xena and I really appreciate your good wishes. She's been feeling so good lately and looks so good, it's hard to accept the fact that she's sick. At least now we can enjoy her for a while.

Lana Gramlich said...

I'm sorry to hear about the dog & cat--even if some of it WAS good news. Hang in there, hon. *hug*

Richard R. said...

Charlotte's check up went fine yesterday (she is one of our 5 cats), she has chronic upper respiratory problems, but a shot every 3 months seems to take care of it. She was limping, but the vet found nothing there either, just a muscle thing, apparently. She's old and arthritic, which doesn't help, but she's game, and of course, loveable.