Friday, September 24, 2010

Thank you! Phew!

That's it for the Republic Pictures marathon - at least for now. Other folks have expressed an interest in contributing to Why I Love Republic Pictures, and I know Ed Hulse has said he might contribute more (please, please). So this will probably be continued on Sunday or even into next week. I LOVE finding these old serials on YouTube and posting them - I'm getting introduced to a lot of these myself so I'm getting something out of this too.

Thank you to ALL of you who contributed - you really came through at the last minute and I am so appreciative. Plus I know everyone is enjoying reading these too.

For those of you in the Los Angeles area, come on over to the Republic Pictures 75th Anniversary tomorrow (Saturday, September 25) at the CBS Studios in Studio City. I'll be at the OutWest booth selling copies of PULP WRITER, and if you're extra nice and don't make fun of my cowboy hat, I'll even sign a copy for you.




Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Deka Black said...

A very big marathon, Laurie. Must look if some of the serials has been released in Spain in the past.

David Cranmer said...

How I wish I could be there. I'll keep my fingers crossed you sell dozens and dozens of books.

Laurie Powers said...

Glad you were able to join us Deka. I'm sure some of these were released in Spain. By the way, the LONE RANGER RIDES AGAIN serial I posted a couple of days ago was lost for many years, until a copy showed up - and it had Spanish subtitles. So that shows it had an audience in Latin America, even if it didn't in the U.S. for many years.

David, thanks. Didn't sell as many as I hoped due to the heat, but I was able to meet a lot of people and that was rewarding.