Thursday, July 22, 2010

Special Day on Saturday


Saturday is National Day of the Cowboy, and Ron Scheer over at Buddies in the Saddle has planned a terrific way to celebrate. He is going to commemorate cowboy heroes by inviting fellow bloggers to write in and describe a character from a western novel or short story that they believe best exemplifies the Code of the West. While I haven't been able to contribute because of my schedule, I certainly am looking forward to what others will be saying. I encourage everyone to go over to Buddies in the Saddle on Saturday to check out all of the great western heroes that have made a lasting impression on us over the years.

6 comments:

Deka Black said...

Interesting. Saturday is my relax day. I will se what happens ^^

Ron Scheer said...

Thanks for the reminder, Laurie. At last check there were 10 nominations for the Fictional Cowboy Hall of Fame, including one from you. Folks on Saturday will be able to add their own to the list we've got started.

Laurie Powers said...

Gasp - I forgot to send you something Ron!

pattinase (abbott) said...

I really feel like I am missing out here. Educate me.

Ron Scheer said...

No, Laurie, you forgot that you already did.

Patti, check in at Buddies in the Saddle on Saturday and all will be explained.

Charles Gramlich said...

Got my copy of Desert Justice in the mail today. thanks.