Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy father's day to all you dads out there, and especially to all the guys I know who really step up and take care of their kids.

I grew up without my father and grandfathers around, but there were plenty of other great role models to help me along the way. Here are photos of some of the men who have been there for me through the years, either personally or in spirit. I'd like to thank them here for everything they've done through the years.

I don't have a scanned photo of my great Uncle George (Paul's half-brother) at the moment, but I'll post one when I have one.


Brother-in-law Bob

My mother with her parents, Martin and Flora Selton

Brother-in-law Billy

Uncle Ted

Grandpa Paul

Uncle Tom

My father John and my mother

9 comments:

Deka Black said...

That's a lot of fathers, Laurie! Me, well, i live with my parents (recession, and all this stuff). But i'm happy to say i am very lucky to have mine.

Lisamariesmom said...

Thanks for the Fathers Day tribute!It made my day. Bob

Barry Traylor said...

I would have to say that anyone that still has their Father, I hope they called and talked to him.
My Dad died in 1950, so I don't remember him much but I would love to have talked with him today.

Buttercup said...

Pictures are great and really enjoyed visiting. I popped over from Marie's English Kitchen.

Laurie Powers said...

Hope you all had a good Father's Day. Buttercup, thanks for stopping by.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Mine stunk, thanks. I'm suffering from a rotten cold and somehow my oldest girl got mad at me. But I appreciate the good thought.

Laurie Powers said...

Sorry you were sick for Father's Day Bob. And as for your daughter being mad at you on Father's Day, there otta be a law against that.

Melissa Marsh said...

Aww, I love the last photo of your parents - so sweet!

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...