Sunday, June 27, 2010

Davy Crockett's Almanac - Required Reading at BEAT TO A PULP

I've been so busy lately that my blog reading has really fallen off and not keeping up with all the great posts out there, especiallly on my friend's blogs. I'm going to try to catch up this morning, but I'm going to the Dodger v Yankee game this afternoon, and I figure I need to get there at least two, maybe two and a half hours before game time to avoid traffic jams and to get a decent parking spot. I'm not kidding. Sold-out games are always a nightmare at Dodger Stadium.

But before I take off, I want to direct you all over to BEAT TO A PULP. Evan Lewis of Davy Crockett's Almanac has his own story posted over at Beat to a Pulp, "The Mercy of Jean Lafitte." I highly recommend this great sea story - it's worthy of ADVENTURE, THE OCEAN, POPULAR, and SEA STORIES. Just great reading.

Mr. Lewis has really been on a roll the past few days. Pulp fiction fans will be very pleased to see that he's posted a full-length Lawrence Donovan story, "Killer Tells All," today over at Davy Crockett's Almanac. This story originally ran in SPEED DETECTIVE in the August 1943 issue.

All for now. Wish me luck trying to find free parking today!

6 comments:

李哲維 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough.................................................................

Evan Lewis said...

Thanks Laurie! And I hope you found that parking spot.

"Pen and ink is wit's plough." I like it.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Good luck with the parking and the game. I'd pull for the Yanks but I can't abide that weasel A-Rod. Agree about the Lewis story. The guy missed his calling.

Laurie Powers said...

Pen and ink is wit's plough..hmmm...
I like it too.

I did find the parking spot, free. The thing is, it's not as much about the $15 as it is the fact that when you park outside the stadium (free), you can just park in your car and drive away after the game. As opposed to sitting in the parking lot for hours after a game trying to get out.

A-rod is...uh...meh. I don't have any opinion about him. His personal life just shows how immature he is. I think he's got an inflated idea of himself. One thing we noticed last night, Bob, is that he doesn't have the best arm. L.A. kept bunting to him, and we scored twice because he was slow in throwing.

Deka Black said...

I readed it. Pure pirate, arrr. (i must say, if i was the superior offcierof certain good for nothing, my self throw at the sea!)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Was a good'un.