Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wine Without Music Story Still In The Spotlight

Just a reminder that "Wine Without Music" is still being showcased over at A Twist of Noir and will be for the remainder of today. This is a great treat, because usually Christopher posts new stories every day, sometimes twice a day, so stories quickly get "buried" underneath the new ones being posted. But Christopher wanted to let Wine Without Music get the spotlight for a while, which I really appreciate. So now's the time to go read it. Of course it will always be there, but not as prominently as it is now.

To celebrate its unveiling, here's a few photos of my father and grandfather.

This is of the two of them, taken in 1925 or 1926 when John was a baby.



My mother and father, probably around 1945.



Paul in the 1950s.



There are a lot more photos, but I have got to get busy and scan them.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend.

9 comments:

Blasé said...

I enjoy looking at old pics. I like movies, but I just can't get into the wine thingy.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Love old pics too. He looked a bit like Ernest Hemingway.

Richard Robinson said...

It's a wonderful story.

Deka Black said...

Aaaw, the first photo is cute ^^

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Mom was cute as a button.

佳俐 said...

Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.......................................................

Laurie Powers said...

I love old pics too - have a ton of them that I just need to find the time to scan.

Patti, re: the Hemingway look: if only....

Rick, I'm glad you liked the story.

Deka: yes, proud dad with his son.

Bob, thank you - I'll pass that along to Mom next time I talk to her. She's 82 now.

Evan Lewis said...

"Wine Without Music" was a hard-hitting tale, in a very non-pulpy way. Couldn't have been too many mags back then that would dare to publish it.

Lana Gramlich said...

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)