Thursday, May 27, 2010

Photo Finish Friday - The Jacaranda Trees

I love this time of year in Southern California because of the jacaranda trees. I wish they were this color all year long - but then I probably wouldn't appreciate them if they were.

I think that people either love these trees or they hate them because of the mess they make. To me, the mess is part of the beauty. I've known a few people that hate them. Now that I think about it, I find these people to be a little suspect.

Pardon the low resolution on these photos - they were taken with my cell phone.







Photo Finish Friday is hosted by Leah Utas over at The Goat's Lunch Pail. David Cranmer over at The Education of a Pulp Writer also joins in and I love the shot that he has up there now. If any of you want to partake in PFF, I'm sure there's room for more contributors.

6 comments:

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

They are quite beautiful. I've learned to hate the trees that are close to my house, but I love trees in general.

Charles Gramlich said...

That is a gorgeous color for sure.

David Cranmer said...

Beautiful shots and that's one happy dog.

Barry Traylor said...

My granddaughter would love them as it is one of her favorite colors. Zoe also loves pink (and anything to do with princess).

Ron Scheer said...

As a fellow Angelino, I also enjoy this time of year. The jacaranda in bloom are an acceptable trade-off for the annual June gloom. Meanwhile, out in the desert, the palo verde are starting into bloom - and they are bright yellow.

Richard Robinson said...

Great one. I've been meaning to get out and take some pictures of them too, this is a beautiful time of year on those streets with long rows of them, especially.