Saturday, February 27, 2010

The link is here - Laurie's Wild West's mention in True West Mag

I'm going to be downloading some more photos from London in a little while, but in the meantime I wanted to let you all know that Henry Cabot Beck over at True West Magazine sent me the link to the review he wrote on Laurie's Wild West. So if you want to read it, go here.

I'm in the Derby area now, visiting with my friend Joanne Walpole, who writes Black Horse Westerns under the name Terry James. I reviewed her book Long Shadows a few months back. This is the first time I've met Joanne, and like everyone would be in this type of situation, I was a little nervous about whether we'd get along. On the way to her house we passed this fascinating cemetery in town - there's probably one in every British town just like this - and I said "Call me weird, but I want to go to that cemetery." Jo said she loved to go to cemeteries too, and I knew right then that we'd get along just fine.

So that's where we're going today, go to Ilkeston and the market. And tonight we're meeting Steve Myall, owner of the popular blog Western Fiction Review, and his girlfriend Helen for dinner. A full day ahead.

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Awesome! Congrats on the article! Popping over for a gander as soon as I post this comment.
Checking out cemetaries can be really cool. I went to one in Niagara Falls once w/a couple of friends that turned out to be a War of 1812 cemetary...That was really neat!

Laurie said...

Thanks, Lana. The one I visited yesterday was really stunning and sobering in so many ways. I hope to post the photos soon.