Monday, January 25, 2010

New Market for Western Stories

Forgive me if some of you western writers already know about this market. I got this tip from Sandra Seamans over at My Little Corner. There's a new market for western submissions at a little place called Rope and Wire. According to Sandra, "They're looking for traditional and contemporary western stories up to 5000 words. They're a non-paying market. You can submit to their online form or email your submission."

I haven't had time to check it out, as I'm pretty busy at work today, so you're on your own - go check it out.

The Rope and Wire site looks pretty interesting - I signed up to become a follower.

A million thanks to Sandra for the tip.

7 comments:

Richard Prosch said...

And a big tip o' the ten-gallon to you too, fair lady!

David Cranmer said...

Hats off to both of you. I will check out the site in some more detail and then add the link to BTAP.

Laurie said...

And hats off to anyone who calls me a fair lady and to anyone who says they'll post it on their site!

Mark E. said...

They will post a link for authors' books. In exchange they ask for two short stories that can be posted to their site.

Laurie said...

That sounds like a pretty good trade-off to me, Mark!

Charles Gramlich said...

Sure would be nice if there were a little money in it.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'd love to try one but it seems like it would be like learning a foreign language for me.