Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Black Horse Western Weekend Coming Up

If any of you don't know this, you've been living under the proverbial rock for the past few months. But I tend to crawl under rocks myself once in a while and miss things, so I understand. The Tainted Archive is presenting a Black Horse Weekend this weekend in which all of the posts will be pertaining to Black Horse Westerns and westerns in general. Gary's plan is to have 100 posts over three days. Sounds like a great time and I wish him well.

I contributed an essay to the BHW Weekend. It's entitled "What's a Girl Like You..." and it will be posted over there at some point but I really don't know when. I'll put up a link to it when I know it's up.

Today in the mail I received my copy of THE HURT LOCKER from Netflix, and hopefully I'll be able to view it in the next few days. I know that Barry has seen this and gave it a rave review, and it sounds like it'll get nominated for Best Picture, if the Golden Globes are any precursor. So I'm really looking forward to seeing it and I'll post a review too.

4 comments:

Barry Traylor said...

I hope you like The Hurt Locker as much as I did, it's pretty darn intense.
I hope Kathryn Bigelow wins the Oscar for best director, her ex-husband doesn't need it he now has beaten his own record for highest grossing film of all time.

Laurie said...

You mean she used to be married to King of the World? I didn't know that.

Joanne Walpole said...

Ill be interested to know what you think of HL. It wasn't for me and I fell asleep halfway through. I know half a dozen people in the UK who've seen it (male and female) and no-one's liked it...

Laurie said...

Intriguing, Jo. This makes me want to see it even more. I'll let you know what my verdict is.