Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

What I'm thankful for:

1. My family's love and support, as always. Especially during the past two years which have been ones of upheaval for me.

2. That I'm still employed and that my employer lets me work at home for most of the week. Saves the wear and tear on the car and my health.

3. That I've been able to stay healthy and so has my family.

4. My circle of friends located here in California, who came to help me move on New Years Day rather than relax and watch football on TV. One friend in particular, Sheri Ann, flew all the way down from the Bay Area to help me move.

5. That I've had the opportunity to write about my grandfather and his career in pulp fiction. Through that, I've found my own voice and have also been introduced to a whole new circle of friends.

6. That I was smart enough to make the leap and go to PulpFest this year. Not only did I have a great time, I met some of the most wonderful people, including those of you who read and comment on my blog. I consider you all like family now and I hope that continues.

7. My best friend Kris, who has been there for me for over 20 years now. She always has a willingness to listen and is always supportive, no matter how off the wall I've become. And her daughter Sara, who is my goddaugther, who has turned into a beautiful young woman. Both of these women continually to show me on a daily basis what friendship and unconditional love is all about.

8. The new friends I've made this year, including my circle of "Dodger friends." Together we've had some unforgettable times at games, but I consider them friends for all seasons, not just baseball.

9. My friends on the Internet, some of which have become very close. Regardless of where they live, and that we've only talked on line, they're still very important to me. One friend in particular has allowed me to travel down a road which I haven't navigated in a long time, and for that I'm grateful.

10. Those who come and read my blog and comment. You've made my blogging experience a true joy and have given me the confidence to keep going and explore new topics. I couldn't have done that without your comments.

So I guess it is all about the people who come in and out of your life, huh? So everyone enjoy your day with the people you love, and thanks again for stopping by.

6 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

(And I so agree with #9)

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks, and you too, David! I hope you're able to take a break from traveling and enjoy the day.

Evan Lewis said...

If I was you I'd add that treasure trove of Wild West Weeklys, but I've always been a materialistic booger. Happy turkey day.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Those were lovely thoughs, perfectly expressed. Sounds li8ke you'll have a wonderful Thanksbuddy.

Laurie Powers said...

Dave and Cap'n Bob - thanks for the good wishes and I hope you had a good turkey day too. Today, believe it or not, I went to the MALL. And lived to tell about it.

I'm going to my aunts tomorrow to help her reorganize her WWW collection. I'm sure I'll be coming home with an armload to share with you all.

pattinase (abbott) said...

It never occurred to me that there would be western romance magazines.
Also that slinky was still make appearances in 2009.