Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wild Horses and Vampires

Before getting to the main post for today, I found two things in the paper this morning that some of you might find interesting.

CLOUD: CHALLENGE OF THE STALLIONS

First, on "Nature" tonight on PBS, they are showing the documentary on wild horses, called "Cloud, Challenge of the Stallions." I'm afraid I'm out of the loop on this one, this morning being the first time I've heard of this series. Apparently there were two earlier installments about Cloud. (Where AM I when these things are announced? More proof that I need a personal assistant.) Anyway, for more information, go to the Nature page on the PBS website.

I found the first two installments online. They are Cloud: Wild Stallion of the Rockies and Cloud’s Legacy: The Wild Stallion Returns online. I guess I know what I'll be doing today.

OTTO PENZLER'S VAMPIRE BOOK

Many of us were griping this year over the fact that Otto Penzler put his BLACK MASK anthology on hold for another year so he could focus on putting together an anthology of vampire stories. The vampire book is now out. For those of you who are interested, the vampire book is called THE VAMPIRE ARCHIVES: The Most Complete Volume of Vampire Tales Ever Published. It's published by Vintage in softcover and is $25.00. There is a huge review of it in the Los Angeles Times this morning.

So Otto can now focus on getting the REAL book out next year.

3 comments:

Bill Crider said...

I think the key to reviving the popularity of the western is for someone to write a vampire western romance.

Barry said...

With zombies. :-)

JerThom said...

For horse lovers the "Cloud" trilogy is excellent. However, if we ever tried to write everything that happens in Cloud's family within the context of a human family we'd either have a bestseller or be thrown in jail... or both.