Monday, October 26, 2009

The Pioneer Woman on the Bonnie Hunt Show today

My hero is on TV today.

No, not this guy. My other hero. Ree Drummond, also known as The Pioneer Woman, will be on the Bonnie Hunt Show. If you haven't heard me yammer on about this woman, she has this great Web site and also the greatest life a post-20th-century-liberated-woman-who-wants-to-flee-the-real-world-and-all-its-bullshit could ask for. Ree has fantastic photography on her site and writes and takes photos of her cooking and ranch life with the real Marlboro Man (I keep meaning to write her and ask if he's got a brother). She's got a cookbook coming out and I'm sure a movie will follow. Ree writes on her home page that she channels Lucille Ball and Ethel Merman. Well, I channel Ree Drummond.

Go to the Bonnie Hunt Show to see when the show plays in your area. And definitely go to The Pioneer Woman if you haven't yet.

The photo above was taken by Ree, not me. I could only hope to get so close.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll have to check it out.

Melissa Marsh said...

Nice photo! ;-)

melissa said...

Just wanted to stop and say how much I love your blog. I am now a follower her and will be back for more updates. Thanks for the posts.

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks for joining us Melissa. I try to change it up during the week, although the past few days have been dominated by reports from Pulp Fest, an annual convention that was just finished in Ohio. Besides writing about writing and pulp fiction and book reviews, I like to write about gardening, needlework and other things.