Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just Around the Corner: Interview with Gary Dobbs

Look for my interview with Western writer Gary Dobbs, aka Jack Martin, probably later today or tomorrow. Gary has had an interesting trip down the happy road to writing destiny. For one thing, he makes his home in Wales, which could make writing Westerns a challenge. But not for Gary. In addition, Gary and I share a common bond in that both of our grandfathers were major influences in our journeys to becoming writers. It's a great interview with one of the most interesting people I know.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I don't think it's that hard for Gary to write Westerns even though he's from Wales. After all, "Westerns" and "Wales" both start with the same letter! Yuk yuk yuk!!

In all seriousness, looking forward to the interview.

In even more seriousness, hope you're ready for your team to get swept this weekend! My prediction is that instead of hitting game-winning HRs, Ethier will ground into game-ending double plays!

Laurie Powers said...

I'll be there on Friday, Chris. Look for me catching all the home runs that Ethier, Kemp, Ramirez, and Bellisario will be hitting.

Chris said...

I hope you do catch some of the batting practice home runs they hit—they'll be the only ones!

(heeheehee...)