Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fellow Blogger in the Finals for "My America"

Just a short note to brag about a friend of mine, Lana Gramlich, artist and photographer, who notified me yesterday that a photo of hers is a finalist in the WGN channel's "My America" contest. And I'm especially proud because I bought a print of this photo (of a bayou in her state of Louisiana) from Lana a few months back because I loved it so much. Do I have a good eye or what? LOL.

Anyway, check out the photo on Lana's blog The Dreaming Tree here (and also her many other fine photos and artwork, most of which are available for sale) and VOTE for the photo on the link on her blog right below the photo. Us artists/photographers/writers need all the help we can get!

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, she has a great eye. and not just because she picked me. ;) lol.

Thanks for supporting her.

ARCHAVIST said...

Congratulations to Lana - and Charles I'd buy a print of you anyday.

Lana Gramlich said...

Shucks, hon. Thanks for posting this. Sorry I didn't see it sooner--I've just been so busy with things. Recovering from the surgery nicely. Starting to feel human again!

Laurie Powers said...

Don't worry about it Lana. I know you've been rather 'busy' lately. I'm just glad that you're feeling better and back with us in the blogosphere.