Sunday, July 26, 2009

Escape Countdown

Four days left before I take off for Columbus, Ohio for Pulp Fest. While this couldn't come at a worst time for me financially (my computer died yesterday to top all things off), I am really glad I'm going now. Time for some R & R, get away from the house and hopefully clear my head, and see old friends and meet new ones. Also will be taking a pile of Pulp Writer copies with me to sell, and Ed Hulse has generously offered to share his dealer table with me.

Pulp Fest got a great write up in the Columbus Dispatch today, which you can read here.

Off now to decide what to do about my computer woes...

4 comments:

Walker Martin said...

Laurie brings up a good point about the R&R factor of a pulp show. I've attended many a Pulpcon over the years and enjoyed every one of them. This new version of the convention, PulpFest, I know will carry on the tradition. If you love old books, magazines, vintage paperbacks, old movies, then you have to attend.

Charles Gramlich said...

Hope you make lots of money and have a good time. A lot of cons are showing low attendence this year from what I hear. Must be the economy.

Laurie Powers said...

Thanks for your comments, Walker. Good to see you on the blog o sphere, and I look forward to meeting you after all this time.

Charles, thanks. Yes, I've been hearing that some con attendance is down. From what I've been hearing, Pulp Fest is already looking to be a success. All the dealer tables have been sold out and it's getting lots of coverage in the media. So it should be great.

Richard Prosch said...

Safe travels, Laurie! I've been meaning to comment --greatly appreciated the Big Little Book history. Have added you to my blogroll!