Monday, April 20, 2009

Life in the Bleachers

The sun has set, it's starting to cool down (at least outside - it's still 85 inside this house) and I'm a little calmer now. My aunt was discharged from the hospital at 5 this afternoon after being hospitalized for what was probably heat exhaustion. I finished the first draft of a big project at work and sent it off. My neighbor helped me put up a shade outside of the kitchen window that will hopefully cut down on the heat coming in the afternoons. Driving Miss Daisy is now on TV. Life is better.

I've been mulling over what will be my next writing project. In the meantime, I've been doing a fair amount of procrastinating and enjoying some diversion by going to some Dodger games. Here are some photos I took last Friday - the Dodgers v the Rockies. My friend Kristin and I sit in the bleachers - easier on the wallet. Life in the bleachers can be....festive.

I started taking photos in black and white - the first six innings were rather boring, so I started to putter around with the camera - and found out how much baseball lends itself to black and white.
Of course, it's just my opinion. When it got really boring, I went downstairs and took a few photos of the concessions underneath the bleachers. It's a small, closed in area - if you're over six foot tall, watch out for the beams - and people's voices carry easily across the area. There is limited food, and you cannot go to the other areas of the park while you're in the bleachers. We're islands unto ourselves. Still, the place is starting to grow on me. I'm starting to like the bleachers, despite the smell of spilled beer.

1 comment:

Lana Gramlich said...

I hope your Aunt's okay!
You're totally right about baseball lending itself to b/w photography--great shots!