Monday, March 30, 2009

A cure for my Monday morning: photos from the garden

Here's some photos from the secret garden this morning. I've been taking photos first thing in the morning before work, because it's been wonderfully overcast. But this takes some doing - I am inherently lazy and I also don't like to change my schedule.

I love the lop-eared bunny. Short of having a live bunny (Xena would love that), a fake one works pretty well for photos. I got this one at Big Lots for $6.99.

A yellow finch (I think) is one of many that visit the bird feeder on the other side of the fence.

I was worried about the pink rose bush below. I wasn't sure if it was going to get enough sun. Judging from this bloom, I think it should be okay.

And of course Annie has to get into the act. Her favorite position here: with her rear end plastered next to my leg, wanting a butt scratch.

3 comments:

ARCHAVIST said...

Those nastursium (think I've spelt that wrong) are tasty with salad.

Lana Gramlich said...

Pretty flowers & I love the little bunny! The bird is an American Goldfinch, btw, in breeding plumage from the look of it.

Laurie Powers said...

I didn't know that about nasturtiums. Learn something new every day.

Thanks, Lana! I have a mass of birds visiting my feeder nowadays, and occasionally I'll see one with some type of trash or twig in its beak - no doubt building a nest somewhere.